ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / Account manager for thorncliffe
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Account Executive / Account Manager
Working For: Thorncliffe
Salary: Competitive plus good pension benefits
Are you a councillor? Or do you have campaign experience, perhaps at the recent general election?
At Thorncliffe you will assist our clients to make a difference, helping them to build the UK’s new homes, offices and commercial buildings.
Thorncliffe are the UK’s political and community consultation experts. We work with an excellent established client base in the property industry and we are one of the companies delivering the housing for UK plc.
We welcome people who have previous experience in this sector at other agencies and want to further their career.
If you hold a position in elected local government, or have done until recently, and have experience in project management, then we would like to talk with you about joining our first-class team. We can help you develop a new and exciting career that involves using your interest in politics.
Maybe you are a Labour or Conservative political activist with good local government contacts.
A first-class employment package that includes a competitive salary and we are an accredited company with Investors In People and have a unique extensive in-house training programme designed to help you succeed in your role.
The role(s) will be full-time in our London office only (Vauxhall).
We are looking for someone who has
- A good presentation style and understanding the requirements of providing clients with a first class service.
- Good political and potential client contacts.
- Knowledge of the development control/planning process.
- Educated to degree level with first class written English and report writing skills as well as good PC skills.
- A current clean driving licence.
Please read this carefully before applying.
We often interview for candidates, and we tend to appoint when we have found the right candidate, which may be before the closing date on the job advert. Unless stated, we are often looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
It is very important that you apply correctly, otherwise your CV will be rejected.
- Please copy and paste your CV into the body of an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not copy and paste your CV into the body of the email, your application will be discarded.
- Please state your notice period or potential start date.
- Some applicants may be asked to complete a Candidate Application Form. If you are asked to complete this form, you must do so within two days of the request, otherwise your application will be rejected.
- Please note that we receive a great deal of applications and therefore we cannot respond to all applicants.
Account manager / Account Executive for our Your Shout Division
Closing date: 24 November 2017
For nearly 18 years Thorncliffe has led the way on consultation for developers. Our sister brand, Your Shout, is now looking for account executives and account managers in our community consultation division.
Your Shout undertakes professional community consultation and engagement for the built environment. We work for developers, local authorities and other clients who wish to contact, consult and listen to people in a specific community, neighbourhood or area. We are committed to strengthening relationships between land owners, communities and local councillors.
The role involves coordinating consultation events across London and throughout the UK for a variety of developments ranging from residential and renewable to large, mixed-use regeneration schemes. You will organise public events, design consultation information, including leaflets and exhibition material, attend public events and gather the opinions of the local community.
Your Shout and Thorncliffe have around 25 colleagues and operate UK -wide. Our London office is based in Vauxhall.
– liaise with clients and project teams to develop and deliver professional community consultation projects
– organise a range of community consultation events
– design and produce consultation materials including content for exhibitions and workshops
– host events and engage with the local community
– write reports to summarise the results of our consultation
– ability and experience in planning, organising, undertaking and reporting on imaginative and excellent community consultation
– understanding of the role of consultation and engagement in the planning system
– a strong and demonstrable interest in design/architecture/planning
– excellent writing and interpersonal skills
– proficiency in Indesign essential
– proactivity and enthusiasm
– ability to summarise technical information and communicate it to a diverse audience
– experience of using websites and social media
– ideally have a full driving licenceType: permanent
Hours: full time
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply with a CV and cover letter with a description of relevant experience, your suitability for the role based on the person description and ideally an example of a graphic project or consultation plan and materials you have been involved with/carried out. Please send to email@example.com. Please state your notice period and current salary. Only successful applicants will be contacted.