ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE / MANAGER for thorncliffe
Closing Date: 31 August 2017
Job Title: Account Executive/Manager
Working For: Thorncliffe
Salary: Competitive plus good pension benefits
Do you have Labour or Conservative council experience? Or campaign experience, perhaps at the recent general election?
At Thorncliffe you will assist our clients to make a difference, helping them to build the UK’s new homes, offices and commercial buildings.
Thorncliffe are the UK’s political and community consultation experts. We work with an excellent established client base in the property industry. We cover many sectors including commercial, private and social housing, C1/C2, renewable energy etc. You will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of sectors and clients.
We welcome people who have previous experience in this sector at other agencies and want to further their career. We can offer you the opportunity to work with our broad range of clients in different sectors in the property industry.
If you hold a position in elected local government, or have done until recently, and have experience in Project Management, then we would like to talk with you about joining our first-class team. We can help you develop a new and exciting career that involves using your interest in politics.
Maybe you are a political activist with good local government contacts.
A first-class employment package that includes a competitive salary and we are an accredited company with Investors In People and have a unique extensive in-house training programme designed to help you succeed in your role.
The role(s) will be full-time in our London office only.
Previous agency experience in the property sector and/or extensive knowledge of UK local government being a current, former councillor or current local UK political activist or campaigner/currently politically active.
A good presentation style and understanding the requirements of providing clients with a first class service.
- Have good political and potential client contacts.
- Knowledge of the development control/planning process.
- Educated to degree level with first class written English and report writing skills as well as good PC skills and be proficient using outlook, word, excel.
- Have a full valid UK driving licence.
Please read this carefully before applying.
We often interview for candidates, and we tend to appoint when we have found the right candidate, which may be before the closing date on the job advert. Unless stated, we are often looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
It is very important that you apply correctly, otherwise your CV will be rejected.
- Please copy and paste your CV into the body of an email and send it to email@example.com. If you do not copy and paste your CV into the body of the email, your application will be discarded.
- Please state your notice period or potential start date.
- Some applicants may be asked to complete a Candidate Application Form. If you are asked to complete this form, you must do so within two days of the request, otherwise your application will be rejected.
Please note that we receive a great deal of applications and therefore we cannot respond to all applicants.
Account manager / Account Executive for our Your Shout Division
For nearly 18 years Thorncliffe has led the way on consultation for developers. Our sister brand, Your Shout, is now looking for someone to coordinate our community consultation division.
Your Shout undertakes professional community consultation and engagement for the built environment. We work for developers, local authorities and other clients who wish to contact, consult and listen to people in a specific community, neighbourhood or area. We are committed to strengthening relationships between land owners, communities and local councillors.
The role involves helping to coordinate community events across London and throughout the UK. Our events range from stalls at community markets to public exhibitions. You will organise public events, design consultation information (including leaflets and exhibition materials) attend public events and gather the opinions of the local community.
Your Shout has around 25 colleagues and operates across the UK, with our London office based in Vauxhall. Our team includes consultation project leaders, community consultation and events’ coordinators, full time fieldworkers, graphic designers, research specialists, media specialists and online consultation specialists.
– organise community consultation events, including selecting and booking venues, organising equipment and general logistics
– liaise with clients and design teams to develop and deliver consultation projects
– design and produce consultation tools including content for exhibitions and workshops
– host events and speak to members of the local community
– prepare all the graphic materials for events including leaflets and exhibition material for the events
– design and make interactive games for events
– gather information from local stakeholders via email, phone calls and face to face conversations
– organise, attend and record meetings and events with a range of stakeholders including hard to reach groups
– write reports to summarise the results of our consultation
– creative, planning and organising skills
– good written and oral skills
– excellent experience of using Indesign essential
– proactivity and enthusiasm
– methodical approach to data analysis
– ability to summarise technical information and communicate it to a diverse audience
– ability to talk to different types of people from the breadth of the community
– experience of using websites and social media an advantage
– understanding of the role of consultation and engagement in the planning system
– preferred architecture degree
– experience in community consultation and engagement and consulting with a range of stakeholders and facilitating events
– ideally have a full driving licence
Hours: full time
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply with a CV and cover letter with a description of relevant experience, your suitability for the role based on the person description and ideally an example of a graphic project or consultation plan and materials you have been involved with/carried out. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your notice period and current salary. Only successful applicants will be contacted.